Your Ultimate Choice in Mold Removal
Due to mold problems requiring specialized methods and treatment, Ultimate Choice Restoration is happy to offer to our residential and commercial customers our extensive mold removal services. We use the latest restoration procedures put out by the IICRC to remove mold while making sure the integrity of the site is maintained and stopping the future possibility of mold growing in the future. Our primary goal is your health and the health of your family or employees.
Mold cleanup and removal requires different restoration practices than other forms of restoration – the area affected by the mold needs to be contained in order to eliminate the risk of further contamination to other areas of the property. Mold spreads so incredibly easy, even just a small touch can release thousands of spores into the air, which they will use as a means of transportation. They will most likely get caught up in the building’s ventilation system and likely spread throughout even more areas of the property, making the problem bigger and more of a headache to deal with. Locating the source of the mold in some cases can be a bit problematic due to the size and permeation of some mold growths. Mold can more often or not be found in HVAC systems, inside cracks on concrete, under flooring or carpets, and within old books and magazines.
What is Mold
Mold is made up of fungi, and these fungi can be found both inside and outside a property. Mold grows very well in warm, damp, humid conditions and spreads by creating and releasing spores that act as seeds and use air currents to move about. These spores can even survive extremely dry conditions that normal mold can’t grow in, but once moisture and humid conditions are introduced, it can rapidly lead to a mold problem.
When you property suffers a water damage loss, such as a broken pipe or flood waters, and it’s allowed to remain wet, there is a high risk that not only will you have to deal with mold, but with toxic mold. Toxic mold produces hazardous by-products, called mycotoxins, that are very likely to trigger health issues in people who have excellent health. These hazardous toxins are believed to be linked to memory loss and severe lung problems in elderly individuals and infants.
Here’s an important fact to remember: Bleach does not completely kill off mold. Bleach is not a biocide approved by the EPA, and it does not kill off the “roots” of mold spores which means that the mold will surely come back.
Mold Exposure Symptoms to Watch For
- Runny nose
- Recurrent colds
- Shortness of breath
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation